It’s hard to get enough of celebrity couples. “Will they get married?” “Will they split up?” We ask these questions because their relationships excite us so much. Well, to stoke that excitement, here are 10 of the most famous celebrity couples!
10. David Bowie and Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid – One of the more successful celebrity relationships, Bowie and Iman met on a blind date and have been married for more than 20 years.
9. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz – One of the classic husband-wife pairings of film and television. As a couple, they have done several movies and the hit TV show I Love Lucy opposite each other. Their chemistry in real life helped to create chemistry on the big screen.
8. Bruce Willis and Demi Moore – While the two of them have since split, everyone really enjoyed their pairing back in the day. As if a cherry on the ice cream, we get to enjoy the fact that in spite of their breakup, they have stayed good friends to this very day.
7. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi – As cute a couple as it is lovely. Both of them are perhaps two of the most famous lesbian celebrities, and they made a wonderful couple after Ellen presented Portia with a pink-diamond ring after knowing each other for only a year. They’ve been together for several years now.
6. Beyonce and Jay Z – Until their breakup on November 21, 2014, they appeared to be a wonderful couple. Perhaps they were – sometimes, the spark just fades. When they were together, they legitimately felt like they cared about each other.
5. Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love – Kurt Cobain, the face of Nirvana, was a huge icon of what the 90’s were, and he and Courtney Love were a very authentic and loving couple.
4. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt – Quite possibly one of the most famous celebrity couples in the limelight today. Unlike most relationships, they have been going strong for years yet, having recently become married to one another. They’ve also adopted several children.
3. John Lennon and Yoko Ono – Perhaps more infamous than famous, this couple marked the break-up of The Beatles, with people accusing Yoko Ono of ruining one of the greatest bands ever. It can’t be denied that they loved each other, up until Lennon was taken from us by a crazed gunman.
2. Sonny and Cher – Even younger people are probably vaguely aware of the existence of this couple. The two of them are famous singers and actors, and they were a wonderful and well-loved couple until Sonny’s tragic skiing death.
1. Barack Obama and Michelle Obama – It’s hard to not choose this couple as number one. Regardless of your political views, the Obamas as a couple are a major element of our culture today, and feel all too genuine together.