We all come to that point in a relationship where things with your significant other can start to feel a little stale. If you find yourself in this situation, below are 10 tips to help you freshen things up a bit.
10. Greet Each Other With Excitement – This may seem like an obvious one, but it can go a long way. Even if you see each other every day, make yourself excited to see them. It will make the other person feel loved, and it will even brighten up your own mood.
9. Talk About Your Hopes and Dreams – Plan for your future with this person. Tell them what you want to accomplish in your life, and where you want to be in a few years. Sharing personal goals with another person is a great way to bond with them and make them a part of your life.
8. Establish Goals Together – Besides sharing your own personal goals with them, come up with some goals as a couple. What do you two want to be doing in 5 years? What are some things you can both strive for and push each other to achieve? Having someone along for the ride when you are trying to reach a goal makes it more likely that you’ll get there.
7. Have Meaningful Conversations – Don’t just talk about what you did at work that day, or what you ate for lunch. Talk about your hopes, fears, childhood, and anything else you might not tell another person. Discuss current events with them that you find important and ask them their opinion on the subject.
6. Verbalize Your Feelings – You can show another person that you love them, but you should also remember to tell them. The occasional “I love you” message when it isn’t expected is a nice surprise, and will bring you closer together.
5. Spend Time With Other Couples – Go out on double dates with other couples. Find a couple that you both get along with so that everyone has a good time. This will take some of the pressure off having to keep each other entertained and you’ll all have a fun time hanging out with other people.
4. Maintain Outside Relationships – This doesn’t mean date other people. This means have other friends that you can see without your significant other. Just because you love each other doesn’t mean you don’t need a break from them every once in a while.
3. Try Something New Together – Take a new class or go on a trip together. You’ll be able to talk about what you enjoyed about the new place, and adding a new activity can break up a stale routine.
2. Schedule Date Nights – Make sure you set aside time to see one another, don’t just plan it on the spur of the moment. Make your significant other a priority, no matter how busy you are.
1. Keep The Element Of Surprise Alive – Lastly, never stop surprising one another. It could be random gifts, random “I love you” texts, or anything else that isn’t expected. Always strive to surprise your significant other, and your relationship will never go stale.